March 11 2006 - Qualifying as it happened
01. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m31.431s
02. MASSA Ferrari 1m31.478s
03. BUTTON Honda 1m31.549s
04. ALONSO Renault 1m31.702s
05. MONTOYA McLaren 1m32.164s
06. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m32.579s
07. WEBBER Williams 1m33.006s
08. KLIEN Red Bull 1m33.112s
09. FISICHELLA Renault 1m33.496s
10. HEIDFELD BMW 1m33.926s
11. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m32.456s
12. ROSBERG Williams 1m32.620s
13. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m32.850s
14. TRULLI Toyota 1m33.066s
15. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m33.416s
16. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m34.606s
17. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m34.702s
18. ALBERS MF1 1m35.724s
19. MONTEIRO MF1 1m35.900s
20. SATO Super Aguri 1m37.411s
21. IDE Super Aguri 1m40.270s
22. RAIKKONEN McLaren no time
Ferrari's make it to front row at Bahrain race tomorrow in doing So Schummi equals late Ayrton Senna's record of 65 pole position.
Session started dramatically with Kimi Losing the rear wing (so much to piss of the sponsors Mr.Dennis) and thus not posting any time and starting at end of field, he must be experienced in seeing end of grid now.
Teams were confused in first session as everyone was waiting for other cars to sweep the circuit for them thus causing pandemonium and huge traffic in pit lane with 4 minutes remaining
Montoya put a stunning lap in first split and held P1 till Alonso displaced him to P2.
Well I am so very angry with Star Sports last 10 minutes for qualifiers remaining they switch to English Premier league Soccer telecast leaving minority motorsport fans in limbo :-(
ITV telecasts deferred live by one hour :-(
I am off for dinner ..hope we have a good race tomorrow.