Two hours of Madness.
How historic is this victory?
- A team that traces its roots back 35 years, to 1971, just won its first race since 1983, when Alboretto won the Detroit GP in a Tyrrell
- Honda just won its first race as an F1 chassis manufacturer since Surtees won the 1967 Italian GP.
- I was going to say that the first Polish driver in F1 history scored points, and in his first race, but an inconsequential 2kg of unexpected tire wear nixed that.
- And of course, Jensen Button won his first GP (and might well have done it on pace even without FA's mechanical mishap).
- The first ever-wet race at the Hungaroring.
- BMW’s first podium with the Sauber Team.
Driver of the race:
Overtaking Move of the race:
Heck there were so many that its hard to pin down a single one, but Alonsos move on MS, during the first few laps was amazing. He drove on the outside of MS and gambled on a wet track and it paid off.
Congratulations to Jenson Button on his first ever race victory. Honda has tasted blood and they will be unstoppable very soon.